Home Forums General Star Wars Discussion Will Coruscant appear in Episode IX?

last updated by  Marcus 5 months, 3 weeks ago
6 voices
6 replies
  • Author
    rafael
    Participant

JJ Abrams said the next movie will tie the prequels together so this is an opportunity to bring back the most important planet in the republic days… How do you think it should appear? Probably the first order taking control of the planet?

Darth Maul
    Participant

I don’t know…in TLJ, we see the Resistance reach out to some Outer Rim Allies, therefore making me think the war will stay in the Outer to Mid Rim, however it is very possible of there being an appearance of Coruscant in Ep IX.

DarthKenobi
    Participant

I doubt it because it was the planet that the First Order blew up in episode 7

n7spectre22
    Participant

It would be really cool to see again Coruscant was always one of my favorite planets and it would be nice to see it again maybe a part we havent seen before

DarthAnakin (Mod Memer)

The planets that were destroyed were the Hosian system which at the time was the capitol of the New Republic, not Coruscant. The New Republic moved the capitol to distance themselves from the empire.

DarthAnakin (Mod Memer)

i don’t know actually, Because episode 9 will close out the whole Skywalker saga, So i think there will be a massive fight at the end and after that they will show Coruscant like they did at the end of ROTJ after Empire was beaten like the celebrating scene. So we might see many old planets comeback, like Tatooine, Naboo and Coruscant example. idk that’s my theory tell your thoughts :).

Marcus
    Participant

Coruscant being the political capital ends up being a reflection of whoever is currently in power (Ex: Republic, Empire, First Order) so the planet as a whole isn’t going to choose a side in the conflict they’re just a product of it. So I don’t see it contributing to the plot. The only thing I can see is if they try to restore the jedi temple there but that’s not learning from their past mistakes. Also, we got enough C-SPAN congressional hearings in the prequels lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.