Home Forums General Star Wars Discussion Why is Starkiller's beam red? Is Starkiller bleeding?

2 voices
3 replies
  • Author
    Sam
    Participant

I heard that the Death Star and StarKiller use kyber crystals to power their super lasers. I watched the Star Wars Theory video on the lightsaber color meanings and realized that if Starkiller’s beam is red the crystals powering it are bleeding. If this is true, how could you make such a large quantity of kyber bleed and how come the kyber in the Death Star didn’t bleed? Did the Star powering Starkiller Make the crystals bleed?

Please tell me your thoughts and reply.
    Thanks.

n7spectre22
    Participant

I actually dont think Starkiller base is powered by kyber crystals it consumes the power of stars for the energy it uses here is a excerpt from wookiepedia on Starkiller base “The superweapon consumed stars as a power source via a method which cut off starlight from the surface, and would move on to a new star system after depleting a particular star.[12] Its mobility was provided by rocket ports on the far side of the base.

The weapon ran on a type of dark energy called “quintessence”, which was ubiquitous in the universe, and offered a practically unlimited power source to the First Order. Using a star as a power source, an array of collectors on one side of the planet would gather dark energy in stages, redirecting it to the planetary core, where it was held in place by the natural magnetic field of the planet, as well as an artificial containment field maintained by the machinery the First Order had installed within the crust.”

Sam
    Participant

That makes sense. Thanks.

n7spectre22
    Participant

No problem =)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.