Home Forums General Star Wars Discussion Where is Lando Calrissian in the new trilogy?

4 voices
6 replies
  • Author
    DarthKenobi
    Participant

Did he die? Is he Snoke? Is he Finn? Where could he be?!

Obi Wan
    Participant

lando is not in the new movie so far if you wish to read spoilers then read this about last Jedi by clicking Here

DarthKenobi
    Participant

I know it’s not there, but what happened to him?

Oscar
    Participant

To be honest, they haven’t shown him at all or even mentioned him. I think he is dead or a drunk who no one really cares about anymore.

DarthKenobi
    Participant

I was hoping that he would be the DJ character in the Canto Bite scene in the Last Jedi or maybe not have to deal with DJ at all but have him be The Master Code Breaker, but he wouldn’t be a traitor like DJ was. Hopefully he’ll be in Episode 9. We know he’ll be in Solo.

Patrick
    Participant

I’d say that, as of right now, we can only really guess. What we know from Battlefront 2’s campaign, is that Lando really took a large role in the rebellion. Rian Johnson stated that he really wanted Lando to be in the movie, however they just never found room for him. Even the actors recently all stated that they would love for Billy Dee Williams to reprise his role. I think that, considering that there COULD have been a place for him, that he’s not dead. Until they don’t explicitly say he’s dead, I’m not buying it. They want to leave it open ended so that they can bring him in if they want. So if he’s not dead, where is he? The current theme in the new trilogy is that the old heroes are on the end of their ropes trying to pass the torch. Luke was depressed, Han is dead, and Leia is trying to hold the Resistance together. If we continue with this theme, it’s likely Lando faced some large failure, and is currently trying to cope with it somehow (like Han “Going back to the only thing he was ever any good at”). It’s likely he’s gambling somewhere similar to Canto Bight drunk or otherwise.

DarthKenobi
    Participant

That’s true. Maybe we’ll see him take a “fallen hero” role in ep. 9, siince we probably won’t be seeing Leia’s solo type film, like 7 was Han’s, 8 was Luke’s and 9 was supposed to be Leia’s. It won’t happen unless they pull off some CGI magic with Leia.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.