Home Forums General Star Wars Discussion What movies do you think are coming out, until 2030?

last updated by  Revan 3 months, 4 weeks ago
6 voices
10 replies
  • Author
    DarthKenobi
    Participant

What movies do you think are coming out, until 2030? Old Republic, or between ROTJ and TFW, etc.

Patrick
    Participant

Great question. Well we have Solo, Episode 9, and Kenobi currently on the table with Rian Johnson’s New Trilogy on the way, which will likely take us through to 2030 if we’re considering each movie taking about two years. I’d also guess that there will be more anthology films in between Rian Johnson’s New Trilogy which is only pure speculation. There may be an Old Republic Movie (wishful thinking) and there’s the Boba Fett movie that entered production yet was shelved. They will likely find some way to revive the Boba Fett movie since that idea exists, they just have to work out the kinks.

DarthKenobi
    Participant

The Boba Fett film is probably the movie with a codename Tin Can. I’d love to see an Obi-wan trilogy as well as a Yoda origin? An Old Republic trilogy would be so cool, but it’s never going to happen. There are so many possibilities, let’s just hope Disney doesn’t mess everything up. I’m really hoping Solo isn’t just a big waste, as everyone thinks it will be.

Marcus
    Participant

For the new trilogy i would love to see a completely different part of the universe, totally separated from the influences of the force user culture we’ve already seen. Like maybe they’re like the days before there was even such a thing as a jedi. Maybe they are all just force users without division of titles, some good some evil. Maybe lightsabers aren’t a thing and they just use raw kyber crystals in some new way. Whatever they do I just want a new and fresh take.

Marcus
    Participant

I want to see something completely separate from the known galaxy we’ve seen so far, where there’s no such thing as a jedi or sith, just force users that are good/evil/neutral. Maybe they don’t use lightsabers and they just use raw kyber crystals somehow. Something new and fresh but still familiar.

Marcus
    Participant

my posts aren’t showing sorry

Avery Kirchner
    Participant

Annouced
    Solo A Star Wars Story 2018
    Episode 9 2019
    Jabba The Hutt A Star Wars Story directed by Guillermo Del Toro. No release date.
    A Movie about Bounty Hunters featuring Boba Fett. no release date. Greenlit three times. Once with director Josh Trank. Once without a director but a plot. Now again with no official director or plot. Disney wants a movie about a group of bounty hunters featuring Boba Fett, but doesn’t know where to go with it.
    Kenobi A Star Wars Story directed by Stephen Daldry. No release date.
    Yoda A Star Wars Story. No release date. Greenlit without a director or plot.
    A Star Wars live action TV series directed by Dave Filoni. No release date. Greenlit without a plot
    A Star Wars non-saga trilogy directed by Rian Johnson. No release date. Greenlit without a plot.
    A new Star Wars cartoon in the vane of Clone Wars and Rebels. No release date. Greenlit without a director or plot.
    A new Star Wars Saga Trilogy. No director chosen. no official Plot. No official release date.
    They have enough movies till 2029
    Being considered
    Ahsoka A Star Wars Story. A popular pitch if reports from Lucas films are correct.
    A movie about Palpatine becoming Darth Sidious. Pitched.
    A movie where Ian McDiarmid returns as Darth Sidious. Pitched. Could end up being the same movie as above.
    Mace Windu A Star Wars Story. Pitched
    If they take their pitched movies they have it till 2032 to 2033

Revan
    Participant

I would love to see a film or show dedicated to the GenoHaradan in the Old Republic era. Or, of course, a Revan film or a Sith Triumvirate spinoff.

Jimmystarfan
    Participant

Well, apart from the ones we know about would love to see one set in the Old Republic era (Darth Revan, Darth Bane periods), but I don’t think its on he cards.

Would love to also see a film about Yoda featuring key moments from his life.

Jimmystarfan
    Participant

Would also love to see ‘The First Jedi’ as we’ve had The Last Jedi

Revan
    Participant

Maybe an ancient Sith movie?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.