Home Forums Submit Your Star Wars Theory Theories regarding the origin of Rey

last updated by  DarthGenius 8 months ago
13 voices
27 replies
  • Author
    Ayden Hamlin
    Participant

I would like to see Rey either be Luke’s daughter or a reincarnation of anakin

I honestly don’t think all of those need to be answered in any great detail so it shouldn’t take up a lot of time in the film. I think Luke revealing he is her father and he abandoned her on Jakku would be enough to make her darkness rise and she will leave him and go to Crait to fight in that battle and eventually lead to her being with Snoke. 6 weeks…

Ayden, I think I’d be disappointing with any outcome other than Luke being her father. Perhaps that is just my attachment to Luke.

Dave
    Participant

Hey, here’s an interesting theory that my brother had.

Rey is actually the daughter of Starkiller and Juno Eclipse. I know that it’s legends, but it would explain why she has such a strong connection to the force, why she fights with a style similar to that of Palpatine and other Siths, why she would’ve been abandoned by her parents on Jakku, and why no one (or very few people) would know about her. Personally, I would be very happy if Disney canonized Starkiller. I think most of the newer generation of fans would be happy too (though the older generation would probably just be confused). Plus, Disney could give a part to Starkiller in the Han Solo movie coming out next May, which would be a really neat touch to the story. If they hold off until Ep. 9 to reveal Rey’s lineage then they may choose to put Starkiller into the Solo movie and use that as a starting point for the bloodline.

The problem with this theory is of course the timeline, since starkiller died many years before Rey was born. But since The Force Unleashed is legends now, Disney could choose to change the story a bit to make it work.

Let me know what you think of this theory. Would you be happy if they canonized Starkiller? Do you think he could be related to Rey?

FanBoy
    Participant

So here’s a theory I read on a website long long ago that claimed to be a leak, which I have not seen repeated anywhere else. Excuse me if it’s been debunked already.

The force was first discovered by a brother and sister playing by a force tree. As they experienced the power, the brother went to dark side and the sister to the light. Rey is a reincarnation of the sister.

There were more details that I don’t remember well. I think the brother killed the sister, but she said she would return some day.

Now as I reflect on the story in light of all the stuff StarWarsTheory has been sharing recently, I wouldn’t be surprised if Snoke is the original brother, the first dark side user, who has outlasted the ages.

Not sure how this relates to the Whills, but maybe this origins story is in their Journal. Maybe Kylo reading the story is what convinced him to follow the dark side and Snoke, if he interpreted it as meaning that the Dark side is more powerful/destined to win. Maybe Luke takes Rey to the tree and the books when he begins to suspect who she could be.

Dave
    Participant

FanBoy, I found this on the internet. It was apparently leaked by someone who calls himself Stormtrooper Larry, and he evidently also had unreleased photos of the Ach-To set to go with the leak.

In the scene Luke tells Rey that the Jedi Council became “arrogant” and that they were hiding a “secret,” which led to their demise. The old Jedi master takes Rey’s hand and shows her a glimpse into the past. They see two children playing near a tree on an alien planet. The boy noticed that he had greater strength and intuition when he was closer to this tree. The girl noticed that the tree also made her brother increasingly angry. One day an argument breaks out between the children, and the boy kills the girl. The boy touches the tree and is “transformed.” He kills his parents and leaves the planet. Meanwhile the girl is revealed to be alive, transformed by the tree as well, using her power to start the first Jedi Order.

The girl explains how The Force can be used for both good and evil. She tells her followers that one day she would return as either a boy or a girl, and that they should train this child. Luke tells Rey that the Jedi Order had been searching for The One (reincarnation of the original founder of the Jedi) for a millennia. When they found Anakin Skywalker and thought that he would bring balance to The Force, the Jedi were “deceived” and the Clone Wars were the result. The scene also shows Rey’s parents, and Luke is not the father. Luke tells her how she was identified as strong with The Force, and how she was supposed to begin her training, but never reached her destination for an unknown reason. In the scene Luke gives Rey a choice, and she has till sunset to make it.

I think this was the “leak” you were talking about. I find it very interesting…

FanBoy
    Participant

Yes that’s it.
    Evidently I wasn’t the first person to think Snoke might be the boy: https://creators.co/@GDBW/4171324

While interesting, I’d be somewhat disappointed. The thought of Kylo, even after turning back to the light, as the future of the Skywalker family saddens me as his last name is Solo. I really want Rey to be Luke’s daughter.

Jon Faux
    Participant

I think Rey is the daughter of Luke and Maz, from Mark Hamill’s tweet. That said, he’s been trolling fans, I hope he was trolling us. I don’t want her to be Luke’s daughter. At the same time, Star Wars is the legacy of the Skywalkers. Leia isn’t really a Skywalkers, as she’ll never be a jedi. As such, Kylo isn’t really, either.

Master Rogers
    Participant

Honestly I am okay with Rey turning out to be a Palpatine or a Kenobi or be from some unknown lineage new to the Star Wars Universe as long as she doesn’t turn out to be a Skywalker. Yes I understand that Star Wars, the prequel and original triologies at least, all focus around the Skywalker family story but in the new movie coming up they already have Leia, Luke and Ben Solo all in the Skywalker family and if they add Rey into the Skywalker lineage I feel that would undermine her characters originality and persona. If she turns out to be a Skywalker it wouldn’t be the end of the world for me, I could accept that a bit begrudgingly, but I think that the creative executives at Lucasfilm need to make her an independent character from the Skywalker family.

My personal choice for Rey’s lineage would be the granddaughter of Old Ben Kenobi. I think it would create a nice mirroring image to the whole universe as a whole. Obi-Wan Kenobi went on to train Anakin Skywalker and now it would be the mirror image of Luke Skywalker training Rey, a Kenobi. It would also mirror Anakin and Obi-Wan’s battle of Mustafar and Kylo Ren and Rey’s battle on Starkiller Base (both instances a Skywalker vs. a Kenobi). Plus Obi-Wan Kenobi is my favorite character in the Star Wars Universe and it would be a great way to introduce the Kenobi’s back to the forefront of the Star Wars galaxy.

Clutch
    Participant

@DarthGenius Kylo and Rey both used variations of form 5 in their duel. The same form used by Darth Vader. Which not only shows Kylo has training, so does Rey.

Dave
    Participant

Kylo used mostly form 7 in his fighting style, though Rey used a little of that too. But she hasn’t had any training that I know of, which means that she must either be some kind of superhuman being, or it was just an oversight by JJ Binks…I mean Abrams. Either way, the fact that she used the lightsaber so effectively must mean that she has a uniquely strong connection with the force. This indicates that she is either a Skywalker, a Palpatine, or has some kind of connection to early force users that were more powerful.

DarthGenius
    Participant

@clutch seeing as how Form V is the most wide spread it would make sense.
    Would it be that although only Kylo is a true Skywalker… they are both only ‘reincarnations’ of Vader and Anakin?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.