Home Forums Submit Your Star Wars Theory The Last Jedi title is plural or singular?

last updated by  DarthGenius 8 months ago
7 voices
7 replies
  • Author
    Apost7
    Participant

In Greece the translation of the last Jedi is Οι Tελευταίοι Jedi which means that the title is plural. Is this revealing anything you didn’t know or its a translation error?

Echo (Mod)

I think it is plural, maybe Luke will be searching ancient Jedi archives and writings that explored the light side in the strict Jedi way, realising what the Jedi were like with their black and white views of the light and dark sides, as well as realising their mistakes, and trying to fix them.
    It also might be possible that he finds an ancient Sith archive of some sort, doing the same thing as the Jedi archives — realising their mistakes of their simplistic views. But since The Last Jedi seems to, obviously, mainly be about the Jedi, I don’t think the Sith will have a huge part in the movie.

This could be what The Last Jedi title means. He is reading about, the last Jedi, that used to exist, and he is now changing those ways, by exploring not just the simple light and dark, but the grey areas in between.

DarthGenius
    Participant

I think it’s obvious at this point that it is plural seeing as how the title is plural in many languages. Unfortunately, in English Jedi is both singular and plural.
    AS for the title, it may actually speak to where Luke is obtaining his information.
    He is probably in contact with the Force ghosts of his father, Yoda and maybe even others.
    As such, he is learning/training from both the first and last Jedi in an attempt to defeat Snoke and decide how best to continue the legacy of the Force.

RaeSloane
    Participant

I believe the Director, Ryan Johnson, told us he sees it as singular in an interview.

Yea Rae, I believe Jedi has been confirmed as singular.

Federico
    Participant

The spanish translation is plural too, but I rather believe the meaning is singular. In a scene of TFA Snoke refers to Luke as the last Jedi, does that have any link to this?

Tyrone
    Participant

I think it is singular as well, especially because of how much Disney is throwing it in your face that Luke is the last Jedi. Example, 1920″>http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/58864696dd08953c248b4767-1920

DarthGenius
    Participant

Plural it must be due to the title translation in other languages.
    Only once see the movie we do, answer will be get.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.