Home Forums General Star Wars Discussion Rian Johnson's New Trilogy

9 voices
10 replies
  • Author
    Master Rogers
    Participant

In lieu of the recent news that Rian Johnson has been announced to create a new trilogy that stands alone from the prequel, original and sequel trilogies I wanted to start a discussion on what people have to think about this. What do you think the trilogy will focus on? What do you want the trilogy to focus on? Do you think Disney should have waited to announce this news until they had fan reviews of Johnson’s The Last Jedi? And are you more anticipating Johnson’s standalone trilogy or supposed live-action Star Wars television show that will be aired on Disney’s new streaming platform?
    Here is the link to the announcement of the news:
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/rian-johnson-is-developing-a-new-trilogy-of-star-wars-m-1820310672

I know it’s no longer canon, but I think The old Republic.

Master Rogers
    Participant

I feel as of right now that would be the most ideal place to expand the universe into. That way they don’t have to worry too much about the continuity of the three other trilogies and so that they may be able to expand the world even more and really dive into the ancient sith and what jedi were like before the clone wars had changed their ideals. Perhaps if Snoke does turn out to be an ancient sith he could be in one of those films? But who knows at this point!

Pete McCann
    Participant

I’d hope for the Old Republic theory as well. If Snoke is the “vampire” Sith he’s rumoured to be, then it would be a nice link between the prequels (the reason why is in the videos…), the sequels and the new trilogy.

Echo (Mod)

I’m definitely up for an Old Republic trilogy. The Star Wars fans have been begging for this for a long time, it’s most likely on top of their list. Although I really would love a bounty hunter trilogy, if not just a bounty hunter movie.

Although, we’ll have to wait and see what Rian Johnson is capable of as a director. If TLJ disappoints, then I’m not sure what will happen with that trilogy. But, him being a Star Wars nerd like the rest of us, I have high hopes for now.

This is a great time for Star Wars fans… so much more lore being thrown at us, more theories, more stories, more characters.. it’s seriously awesome.

DarthGenius
    Participant

Old Republic or something along the lines of the beginning of the Jedi/Sith conflict would be awesome.

Jon Faux
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind a new trilogy altogether, but I’m not at all opposed to an Old Republic trilogy.

Why not go dark and do a sith empire film?

Anonymous

A Revan Trilogy could work amazingly well I mean The Mando wars is already canon so now we just need to go there.

Jon Faux
    Participant

Revan is a good choice, certainly from a profit standpoint. Merchandise, merchandise, merchandise. Not appearing in a movie doesn’t prevent him from being extremely popular. The only drawback I think would be that the old prequels weren’t so popular.

Revan the Butcher
    Participant

Revan is the best choice. I would love anything from the TOR time. I don’t care if it’s a new story or just Legends material but it will probably be new material. I’m definitely excited for the streaming platform as I can have all the movies in one place. Hopefully it won’t be too expensive.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.