Home Forums Submit Your Star Wars Theory Reylo and its link with the working title for ep 9

2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
    Cool Name
    Participant

Hey guys,

It’s my first post here, real excited to be a part of this awesome fandom.

The other night I was doing some web surfing about TLJ and I came across a tumblr feed/thread/bunch of reylo tags about the recent Lucasfilm Story Group discussion. In that discussion, the last scene between Kylo Ren, Rey and the falcons door is compared to the final scene between Michael Corleone and Kay Adams in Godfather Part 1.

“It feels like there’s definitely a door open between the two of them. In the Force Awakens, when they pull from each other, in terms of skills and memories, and then that is the more poignant at the end of The Last Jedi, when that door essentially closes and it’s sort of, that Godfather shot of the door closing between Michael and Kay, and the Millennium Falcon’s door separates the two”

– Pablo Hidalgo from the Lucasfilm story group about Reylo

I find it cool that they made the comparison between these two scenes because if you take a look at the relationship between Kay and Michael it is essentially about a couple that fall in love, drift apart and reconcile. Kay cannot align herself with Michael’s lifestyle that is less than righteous and Michael is also trapped by his own family legacy.

Another cool thing that I learned is that in Italian culture a black diamond is seen as a sign of reconciliation between a couple that had split up, I think it’s also used for good luck.

As we all know in one of the many awesome and more recent Star Wars Theory videos is that the new working title for ep 9 is of course none other than “black diamond”

There are plenty of theories out there that believe Rey and Ben/Kylo are a reverse of Anakin and Padme, and by that logic, episode 9 will end with some sort of union between Rey and Ben. Just Ben.

Let’s not forget that Rian Johnson on camera told a fan that ‘Reylo’ is “all in the movie” and that the official Star Wars page tweeted that photo of the four ships asking fans what their favourite was and that they couldn’t choose Reylo. And also the movie, the movie screamed sexual tension and love. As did a billion interviews and whatever blah blah.

Anyway I was curious to see what everyone thought about that because I’ve noticed that everyones obviously on the train of thought that the working title refers to Snoke’s black diamond, heck even the greatest youtuber of all is down with it. It is said that the ep 9 will wrap everything up in a nice little package and will even tie in the prequel trilogy, what better way to do that than unscrewing up the Anakin and Padme situation, after all the Star Wars is a fairytale about love. A possessive love about a young kid for his mother and wife. A compassionate son’s love for his father, and whatever Rey and Ben Solo will become. Also a love between a princess and a stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking nerf herder.

We all saw what Ep 8 did to all our fan fictions and fan theories, so right now it’s anyones guess.
    Let me know what you guys think, what i missed out and anything else.

May the force be with you, always.

Darcy
    Participant

Good theory, but I don’t ship them.

Cool Name
    Participant

seems like a lot of people on the old school side of the star wars fandom don’t like Reylo at all. I still believe it’s going to happen, JJ and Rian Johnson have been hinting at it for ages, be it blatantly or subtly. I find it strange that none of the OGs are really giving Reylo any thought, forgive me if I’m wrong but even SWT hasn’t commented on them yet, and tbh, he is someone I’d love to hear from on this topic.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.