Home Forums Submit Your Star Wars Theory Luke's death

last updated by  Paul 8 months ago
5 voices
9 replies
  • Author
    MistyE
    Participant

I think Luke might be killed, leaving Rey as the last Jedi… probably saving her from Snoke.

Paul
    Participant

It’s a possibility, but I don’t believe the trailers have been misleading us about this being Leia’s movie to die. Carrie Fisher died before they could film any episode 9 scenes with her. Katherine Kennedy has already confirmed that Leia will not be in Episode 9, and they will not digitize her into any more movies after Rogue One. We didn’t lose Yoda until the 3rd movie in the original trilogy , and I believe that Luke is this trilogy’s Yoda character. Unless Rey follows the path of the Jedi, we cannot be sure what she will become.For now, Snoke fears Luke as the Last Surviving Jedi Master who knows of their ways.

I doubt Luke becomes one with the force in this film. I hope he doesn’t at all actually. I love the character and think he is too young to die like Yoda and the thought of someone mortally wounding him hurts my heart.

DarthGenius
    Participant

@starkiller
    I agree, Luke has been such a big part of my life it would truly turn me to the dark side if he were to be killed in this trilogy.
    I have accepted that he may not live to 900 like Yoda, but he deserves to bring the Light side to a better position than when he started down the path.

I guess I kind of view him as they do in the novel. A legend, a Demi-god.

I guess I kind of view him as they do in the novel. A legend, a Demi-god.

MistyE
    Participant

All very true and I do not think my first theory is accurate….Luke won’t die.

Paul
    Participant

Like I was trying to imply before, Luke is the Yoda character of this trilogy. I believe it’s possible for Luke to die in Episode 9, if (like Kathy Kennedy said) they want to do more with the new characters of this trilogy. For example, Rey, Poe Dameron, Finn, are the new light side heroes. Unless Mark Hamill Wants to continue Luke’s Character further, I don’t see them using him after episode 9, if there is going to be episodes 10-12. I am really hoping though that episode 9 will feel like a final happy ending because I am more excited for Anthology films than saga episodes.

anakin skywalker
    Participant

luke might kill all the sith and then die

Paul
    Participant

The Sith are Gone. Kylo Ren is a Dark Jedi and Snoke is a Dark Side Force Wielder.

topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.