Home Forums General Star Wars Discussion End of The Last Jedi

last updated by  Jimmystarfan 4 months ago
7 voices
17 replies
  • Author
    Darth Raflo
    Participant

Where do you all think the galaxy will be at the end up The Last Jedi? Do you think things will be tipped in favor of The First Order or The Resistance or will no side be in favor?

Echo (Mod)

I think no side will be in favour in TLJ. The Resistance will most likely strike a blow to the First Order, although I do think the First Order will still be more powerful, so they’ll be almost equal.

Hoping for some kind of show with Snoke and Resistance troopers.. I envision a group of Resistance troopers surrounding Snoke. They become clouded by darkness, and all you see are the troopers suddenly being pulled into the air, having their lives drained from them by none other, than Snoke himself. Similar to the Vader vs Rebels scene, only more sorcerer style. One can only hope.

That kind of thing will show the Resistance, along with Rey and the others, what they’re really dealing with. Once they (sort of) know what Snoke is capable of, they plan and prepare as much as possible for even more open war in Episode 9. And then we’ll see which side victory leans toward.

I like this idea for theories, nice one.

DarthGenius
    Participant

Echo,

I was thinking along the same lines.
    The FO will probably have another big show of the size of their armies, troops, etc.
    But the Resistance may have belief that the FO can be defeated as they have destroyed Starkiller base previously and a number of small but important wins in this movie.

But the pendulum may tip to one side more than the other if we get a cliffhanger type ending with some outcomes…
    For example,
    – Leia is killed/seriously wounded,
    – Rey is captured by Snoke/FO,
    – Kylo defeats Luke, for real,
    – Luke returns to the Resistance with a plan/look of seriousness
    – etc.

Darth Raflo
    Participant

Thanks! I haven’t noticed it to be talked about much since most people are focused on what’s going come of certain characters. With that said, I believe the outcome of the characters will obviously play into which may or may not have favor. So it’s all important, but I’m curious to see which side is in favor cause they will definitely play into how episode 9 should play out.

Echo (Mod)

@DarthGenius I don’t want Luke to die lol, but it seems likely that he will. They probably wont kill him until Episode 9 though, since he just makes his return to screen properly in TLJ. But if he does die in TLJ, he better have shown off some of his OP skills.

@Darth Raflo Yep. A lot of people seem distracted by the characters, when there are so many other theories to speculate about!

Darth Raflo
    Participant

That’s what’s so great tho is even with all the possible leaks the possibilities are still endless for this movies. So the topic for conversation can grow immensely.

Darth Raflo
    Participant

Personally I would like to see the movie end with the two sides about to start a massive battle. I’m not picky on how it happens but I think that would be a sweet cliff hanger.

Echo (Mod)

Seems like a cool idea. I definitely want to see some of Luke’s powers and Snoke’s powers. Especially Snoke. I want to know what kind of things he can do. I doubt he’d wield a lightsaber, similar to Sidious in the OT. Powerful enough with the Force that he doesn’t need to do crazy acrobatics (hopefully that will be Luke’s job)!

If there’s a possibility of a plot twist, what do you think it would be? Rey’s origin reveal? Snoke’s identity? Luke’s plan? Or do you think they’ll leave most of it to episode 9?

Darth Raflo
    Participant

I think we could get a plot twist with the last Jedi especially because we have a few characters that we’re not exactly sure are gonna end up. It’s hard for myself to say where it be. If I ventured a guess I’d say it could be a kylo plot twist. I dunno though.

Dave
    Participant

I think there will definitely be some kind of plot twist in TLJ because they will need to get most of the explaining out of the way so that they can concentrate on a final conflict in Ep. 9. Some of the explanations might be surprising.

I don’t expect Luke to die in this movie though. Maybe in Ep. 9. Mark Hamill ain’t getting any younger, they will probably try to kill off the character before he actually dies in real life, but it seems like they won’t want to kill him in the same movie that we FINALLY get to see him as a character again.

DarthGenius
    Participant

I do agree that if Luke is killed in this trilogy it will be in Episode IX.
    But I do hope they keep him alive. Someone must stay and teach the next generation of Force users.
    I don’t feel you can leave that to either Kylo or Rey yet, even with a Luke Force ghost to help.
    We don’t know if and when another movie may be coming, but they could just have Luke die peacefully like Yoda had probably hoped.
    I feel like this movie could have a Kylo plot twist where he may see the error of his ways and returns to the light. This of course will be after killing, or at least seriously wounding, his own mother.
    Seeing as the remaining Knights of Ren will probably survive.
    It would be great to see them swept away like dolls by Luke, but it would mean more to have Kylo do it.
    My hope is that the reveal is not only massive but something original for the series.

Jon Faux
    Participant

My prediction:

Rey leaves Luke before completing her training. She ends up joining Kylo to defeat Snoke. Kylo betrays Rey to Snoke, completing his training.

Dave
    Participant

I think it would be really cool, either in Ep. 8 or 9, to have Luke return to Tatooine, stand atop the Lars homestead looking off into the sunset and there become one with the force as his cloak drops to the ground. This could happen at the very end of Ep. 9 most likely. It’d just be so awesome have Luke back on that same set one last time.

For the end of TLJ though, I’m hoping for more of an TESB ending, where the FO seem to have gained a significant advantage over the Resistance and the characters have just narrowly escaped deadly peril. Maybe they will kill off one of the characters, I’m not sure though. Alternatively, one of them could be a FO spy, that would be quite a twist.

Jon Faux
    Participant

Ew, Tatooine. I hate sand

DarthGenius
    Participant

@Jon_Faux it’s coarse and rough and gets everywhere

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.